A Lord of the Rings RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tavern

5 posters

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Tavern - Page 37 Empty Re: Tavern

Post by Berilorn Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:18 am

Haha it is very complicated. I'm enjoying the idea though... and I want to make things a lot more interesting where she's involved! Even came up with the identity of the baby she's not going to be able to raise... thanks to Morgoth.
Berilorn
Berilorn

Race : Human
Nationality : Rohirrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:42 am

What do demon frogs even eat?

I'm with horsey, I'd get it all mixed up, too, and I can't look at my old work without cringing. Not just fiction, but old papers as well. I rarely like what I did. Though, sometimes I'm surprised that I wrote something so good. Razz

Maedhros as a female seems really interesting! I wrote an rp with Maglor as female once, but Maedhros is new.
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Race : Half-Human
Nationality : Gondorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddberry Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Demon flies, obviously.

I read something with a male arwen once... Which is about as far as I ever got with gener swapped characters XD

Also
You know how we mentioned plagues of locusts the other day. Just saw an article about some parts of Africa having unprecedented locust swarms with population control measures failing!

Oddberry
Chaos Master

Race : Hobbit
Nationality : Test

https://thewhitetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Berilorn Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:53 am

I'm actually enjoying writing Maedhros as a female. She's still got that same temper, but there is also a side to her that's more like Maglor and their mother Nerdanel too.
Berilorn
Berilorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm

But do we really want demon flies?

Africa is why I brought it up, horsey. I've seen videos of them, massive clouds of locusts. Unsurprising that someone who has experienced something like it would add them to their endtimes prophecy.

Nerdanel must have been pretty badass to not only handle Feanor but also all of his sons. And she was an incredible artist, too! I've always regretted that we didn't get to see more of her. She could have been such an interesting character if Tolkien had cared.
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Boromir Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:24 pm

We will get to see some of her in this fanfic at least’ I do like Nerdanel.

Well I’ve just been put on annual leave for all of next week since they need to free up some more hours for all the casual staff at my work.
Boromir
Boromir
Captain General of Gondor

Race : Gondorion
Nationality : Gondor

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:01 pm

How are you and how is everyone around you holding up? Are you still healthy?
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Berilorn Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:40 am

I'm fine so far! No-one I know is sick! That at least is a good thing in this crazy world we're currently living in!
Berilorn
Berilorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:02 pm

I'm glad you are still healthy. Things are starting to pick up here. Everything has been calm so far, but that is coming to an end. The situation in Spain is worse, but my family over there is still healthy as well.

What are you doing with your forced free time?
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Boromir Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:24 am

Forced free time indeed. Writing where I can. It’s been a bit difficult while trying to keep afloat in all the changes rapidly happening over here. We’re heading toward a full lockdown I think since people aren’t doing the right thing!
Boromir
Boromir

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:03 am

We've had that, too. Not a full lockdown, but many strict restrictions. We tried without, but idiots didn't listen, so this had to be done. Most were in favor of it, to the surprise of certain politicians who feared looking bad more than people getting sick and dying. As little as I care for politicians, our Minister-President/governor was one of those who acted calmly and quickly. I can give you a long list of things that he has done that I disagree very strongly with, but he's doing a good job right now.
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Berilorn Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:34 am

We're having less and less reasons to leave our houses, which I'm glad to see in a way. It'll get all those idiots who think "suntanning on the beach" is a form of exercise to stay home! There was footage of police patrolling beaches, and not just on foot either.
For me, while not at work excersise is "taking the mail to the post office on my bicycle" as posting the mail is still an essential service and therefore allowed!
Berilorn
Berilorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 am

Getting some sun and fresh air is fine, just not in large groups and so close to each other. There's always those idiots who don't take something like this serious until it hits them.

So far I haven't seen any police patrolling here. But then, I don't live in one of the major cities.

It's just a shame that we can't have any Easter celebrations this year. Here they are often less about religion and more about celebrating spring. Getting together, food, drinks, bonfires, flowers, music and dancing. The weather is perfect right now.

On the brighter side, some children have started a little project here. And as far as I know similar projects have been started in many other regions. They put up a sign telling people to paint small stones in pretty colors and put them next to each other along the path, creating a long "stone snake" to show what can happen when people work together, that we aren't alone and all connected and to just make each day brighter and more colorful despite Corona and lockdown. It's such a sweet idea!
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Sun May 10, 2020 8:25 pm

So, how are you all holding up by now?
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddberry Sun May 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Still kicking over here. Started to have some productive work from home to do which has done wonders for my motivation! I finally summoned the enthusiasm to do some art and even wrote the barebones of a reply in the side rp as well Razz We've finally got a small outline as to how we might progress out of lockdown here which has definitely helped the mood in the household!

how are you? Is everyone in your family still doing ok?

Oddberry
Chaos Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Boromir Thu May 14, 2020 10:54 pm

I’m still about. Sorry I haven’t been around lately, been having attention elsewhere. No ones waiting on me are they?
The coronavirus hasn’t really affected me too much where I live. Yes we’ve got lockdowns like everywhere else on the planet. I’m one of the lucky ones though since I’ve managed to keep my job as opposed to being one of an estimated 600,000 including my dad and his partner who’ve lost there’s due to this pandemic.
Otherwise I’m okay over here. Just popping in to let you all know.
Boromir
Boromir

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Fri May 15, 2020 10:51 pm

I don't think so, Gem. We were waiting for Wyn in the main rp, but she disappeared on us. (I hope she's doing well!) And in the side rp it's Oddberry's turn.

Me and everyone around me is still well, too. My father and stepmother were in contact with someone who turned out to have the virus, but their tests came back negative and they're fine. Most of us are working and studying from home now, but most shops have re-opened. My mother tells me they have several Covid-19-patients at her hospital, but they are not being overrun. So, that's good.
She told me about patients with odd symptoms weeks ago. A woman who over night lost her ability to speak or write, to communicate, another whose face was suddenly paralized and some patients with liver or heart problems realted to the virus. Now it seems that she was right and studies show that it harms other organs as well... I don't think we've seen the end of it, but too many people here already aren't taking it seriously anymore.
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddberry Fri May 15, 2020 11:25 pm

I think I may have something to write in the main rp as well... sort of a whoever gets there first between me and wyn... I better get writing then ;P

I'm glad to hear both of you are well! And your families too.

I think this virus has lots of effects we haven't worked out yet. Thankfully people here are still taking it seriously apart from a small few. Though everyone is fed up of lockdown!

You will be happy to know that I have now succeeded in converting many friends to bison grass vodka as well Razz

Oddberry
Chaos Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:54 pm

Just don't drink too much, Oddberry, it's meant to be enjoyed! ;D

Odd but nice, we just celebrated my birthday on Zoom until we can meet again in someone's garden.
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddberry Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:24 pm

Happy (very) belated Birthday!

I hope everyone is still well Smile

Oddberry
Chaos Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:10 am

Thank you! Very Happy

We are still well. I've started painting again. You know, with real colors. How are yours coming along?
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:14 am

So happy to see our side-rp continue! Very Happy
And since I have just re-read it: "The pie is a travesty!" XD
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddberry Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:46 pm

R... Real colours. Oh my what is this! Razz I did some doodling with inks the other day and got annoyed with the lack of an undo button. I've been minorly more successful with the digital, completed a piece for mums birthday which I screen recorded the process for and it took about 30 hours.

On the subject of that, did you want a new signature? I vaguely remember you asking 😂

It's taken a while... Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of it now!

Oddberry
Chaos Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Faramir Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:36 pm

I just paint over everything that doesn't turn out the way I want it to ... But, yes, I've been annoyed with the lack of an undo button, too. It's been so long, it takes time to get used to the way those colors work again.

Yes, because I love the idea you had for yours ... I am tempted to just make one with the pie-line ... but ... XD

Gem has been waiting for somewhere to post, too. So, hopefully we get some Boromir and/or Berilorn to join our party. Glorfindel would be nice, too, but since we haven't heard from Wyn for a while ... I hope she and her husband are well enough.
Faramir
Faramir
Assistant Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddberry Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:13 pm

I can't wait for the day that I can actually have a room for painting and creating a full-scale mess. Then I might get back into traditional mediums.

Got anything in mind? Razz

I have got a post fro the main RP sketched out. It does currently rely on Wyn being around but I could edit the ending so it doesn't if we want to get moving with that.
Yes, I hope she's got through this unscathed as well Smile

Oddberry
Chaos Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next